The UGNOG mailing list provides a public forum to exchange technical information, and stimulate discussion about inter-networking issues in Uganda. List members are encouraged to share their topics of interest and questions openly. Please be sure to follow the mailing list Acceptable Use Policy.
Mailing List Acceptable Use Policy
In order to continue to provide a useful forum for discussion of relevant technical issues, users of the list are asked to respect the following guidelines.
- Discussion will focus on Internet operational and technical issues.
- Discussion related to meetings of network service providers is appropriate.
- Discussion unrelated to these topics is not appropriate.
- Postings to multiple mailing lists are discouraged.
- Postings that include foul language, character assassination, and lack of respect for other participants are unacceptable.
- Blatant product or service marketing is unacceptable.
- Postings of a political, philosophical or legal nature are unacceptable.
Individuals who violate these guidelines will be contacted personally and asked to adhere to the guidelines. If an individual persists in violating the guidelines, the UGNOG Committee will take action to filter the offender’s messages from the list.